Description: Cream museum exhibit card from the Department of Colour Chemistry, displaying 6 annotated samples of dyed textiles. Samples are attached to appertures .
the samples are:
- Print oiled calico with Alizarin, chromium, clacium, etc. for deep Claret; print weaker paste for light Claret; steam and soap.
- print oiled calico with Alizarin Orange, chromium, clacium, etc. for deep Browen; print weaker paste for light brown.
- Print oiled calico with Alizarin Orange; aluminium, calcium, etc. for Orange; print Alizarin Blue S, chromium etc. for blue.
- Print Alizarin Blue S, chromium, etc. for deep Blue; print weaker paste for light blue.
Pad with Alizarin Blue, S chromium etc, for light blue; steam, wash, dry; print chlorate-prussiate discharge; print Alizarin Blue S, chromium, etc, for dark blue; steam and soap.
- Print mercerised cotton with Alizarin Blue S, chromium, etc.
(Alizarin is an organic compound wich originally derived from the roots of plants of the madder genus)
4 samples are designed with flowers and leaf patterns and 2 are of stripes.
Exhibit card from original box entitled 'CPA Ltd/Alizarian Prints/ Indigo Prints (includes more Kashmir)'